Awasu Personal Edition v1.1.3 (beta)
UPDATE: This beta has expired.
Please check the releases page for information about the latest releases.
IMPORTANT: This is a beta release.
Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable.
Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance tasks
to get this release to run.
If you have purchased the Advanced Edition and would like to use this beta,
please contact us and we'll send you
IMPORTANT: If you are using Windows 98
or Me, please download this version instead.
IMPORTANT: This release assumes that
you have version 1.1.2 already installed.
Major new features
- From the Department Of Just In Case You Still Don't Have Enough
Channels, added an Import From OPML function to the main program.
OPML files are used to store lists of channels and are often used
by people to publish their subscription lists. This feature lets you
download the OPML files, browse and preview each channel, and if you want,
subscribe to them.
- By popular demand, added an "Open in default browser" option to the
context menu that is shown when you right-click in the browser pane.
BTW, the reason why the default browser is not used when you select
"Open in new window" is because Awasu uses Internet Explorer to show web
pages and unfortunately, IE doesn't really care what your default browser is :-)
Minor features and bug fixes
- Included channel names in the ExportOpml report template. You will need
to copy the latest version from the $/Resources/Report Templates directory
if you want this.
- Fixed an occasional crash on shutdown.
- Awasu now recognizes CTRL-Enter when you are entering URL's in the navbar.
- Font sizes can now be entered in points.
- Fixed a bug in the way item panes were being sized.
- Added support for running Awasu as your default browser. This has not
been added to the UI but if you would like to turn this on, send us
an email and we'll give you the details.
- Awasu no longer complains that you are already subscribed if you create
multiple plugin channels.