Awasu Personal Edition v1.1.4 (beta)
UPDATE: This beta has expired.
Please check the releases page for information about the latest releases.
This is a beta release. Some features may not be complete and the software
may be unstable. Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic
computer maintenance tasks to get this release to run.
IMPORTANT: This release requires Windows NT, 2000 or XP.
If you are running 98 or Me, the latest beta is still 1.1.3.
If you have purchased the Advanced Edition and would like to use this beta,
please contact us and we'll send you
The installation procedure depends on which version of Awasu you currently have.
As always, exit Awasu and back up your installation first!
If you already have Awasu 1.1.3 beta
Unpack this zip on top of your existing files: Awasu-PersonalEdition-v1.1.4.zip
If you already have Awasu 1.1.2 beta
Please upgrade to 1.1.3 first and then unpack the zip above.
If you already have Awasu 1.1
- Unpack this zip on top of your existing files: Awasu-PersonalEdition-v1.1.4.zip
- You also need to download and unpack bcg61u.zip and mfc42u.zip.
- Run upgrade.exe (in the Awasu installation directory). This can take several minutes
depending on how fast your machine is and how many channels you have
but you will be told when it is done. Please be patient!
If you already have any other version
Please upgrade to Awasu 1.1 first and
run it at least once. Then follow the instructions above.
Major new features
Minor features and bug fixes
- Added an option to the Import From OPML feature to quickly subscribe to channels
without having to go through the Channel Wizard.
- Added the ability to cancel various operations if they take a long time
e.g. generating channel reports, downloading channel feeds and OPML files, etc.
- Fixed spurious scrolling of the item pane when items were opened.
- Fixed a problem where automatically-generated channel reports could hang
the UI if they took a long time to do.
- Worked around a problem where plugins occasionally returned empty feeds.
- If you change the default settings for new channels (in the Channel page of the
Program Options dialog), you need to restart Awasu for these settings
to be used when Quick Subscribing to channels from the Import From OPML dialog.
- An error in the Channel Wizard (e.g. because you have entered the address of an HTML page
instead of a feed) can sometimes cause a crash.