Awasu Personal Edition v1.1.5 (beta)
UPDATE: This beta has expired.
Please check the releases page for information about the latest releases.
This is a beta release. Some features may not be complete and the software
may be unstable. Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic
computer maintenance tasks to get this release to run.
If you have purchased the Advanced Edition and would like to use this beta,
please contact us and we'll send you
The installation procedure depends on which version of Awasu you currently have.
As always, exit Awasu and back up your installation first!
If you already have Awasu 1.1.3 or 1.1.4 beta
Unpack this zip on top of your existing files: Awasu-PersonalEdition-v1.1.5.zip
IMPORTANT: If you are running Windows 98 or Me,
use this zip instead: Awasu-PersonalEdition-v1.1.5.mslu.zip
If you already have Awasu 1.1.2 beta
Please upgrade to 1.1.3 first and then unpack the zip above.
If you already have Awasu 1.1
- Unpack this zip on top of your existing files: Awasu-PersonalEdition-v1.1.5.zip
- You also need to download and unpack bcg61u.zip and mfc42u.zip.
- Run upgrade.exe (in the Awasu installation directory). This can take several minutes
depending on how fast your machine is and how many channels you have
but you will be told when it is done. Please be patient!
If you already have any other version
Please upgrade to Awasu 1.1 first and
run it at least once. Then follow the instructions above.
New features and bug fixes
- Added support for compressed (gzip) feeds.
- Added support for iso-8859-15.
- Fixed a problem where the Awasu UI would sometimes just hang. This was
most likely to happen if you tried to open a channel's window or properties dialog
while (perhaps other) channels were being updated.
- Honor changed default channel settings when quick-subscribing to channels from
the Import From OPML dialog.
- Fixed a problem where temp files were sometimes being stored on the desktop.
- Worked around a crash if the Channel Wizard gets an error on the feed e.g. because of
invalid XML or an incorrect URL.
- Stopped the caption bar from flickering.
- Added an option to exclude feed items from channel reports.
- Fixed a problem where the Awasu UI would sometimes just hang when creating
channels from an application plugin (e.g. GoogleSearch).