Awasu Personal Edition v2.1.1 (beta)
This is a beta release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable.
Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance tasks
to get this release to run.
- You must already be running 2.1. As always,
exit Awasu and back up your installation first!
- Unpack one of following zip files on top of your existing files:
Minor changes and bug fixes
- The EnableStemming switch in CONFIG.INI now works correctly.
Note that changing this settings requires the search index to be rebuilt
- ArchiveMaintenance.exe is now smarter about which users it does its processing
for (instead of just doing it for all users).
- The Search Agent dialog now allows the Name field to be left blank
(it will default to be the same as the search query).
- Fixed a bug in some parts of Awasu that check if a directory exists to work
properly if the directory path contains a trailing slash.
- How long notification balloons are shown for can now be configured individually
for each channel. This has not been exposed in the UI but look for NotificationRequestDisplayTime=
in the .CHANNEL files (value is in seconds, -1 means use the global default value).
- Enclosures that specify a blank URL are now ignored.
- When asking the user what to do with expired channels, Awasu now checks
that they haven't already been deleted.
- Non-ASCII characters are now stripped from the user's account name.
This needs to be done since the account name is used to create the user's
directory structure and therefore must contain only valid file system characters.
- Corrected the spelling of "konbanwa" in the startup notification balloon.
- If tabbed browsing is turned off, only automatically open a newly-created
channel's window if no other window is already open.
- Fixed a possible crash if the system tray menu is accessed immediately after
Awasu is started.
- Fixed a memory leak in the Workpad.
- Fixed a possible race condition during shutdown.
- Added a debug switch to disable events being sent to channel hooks.
- Added version info to SEARCH.DLL.