IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features are not complete and you will find bugs!
You must be already running 2.1.2.alpha1. To install:
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if
the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- It is recommended (but not required) that you rebuild your search index
using ArchiveMaintenance.exe before running this release.
This release completes the implementation of multiple workpads.
- You can now drag and drop between workpads and external browser windows.
- Fixed the problem with ghost workpad windows at startup.
Other minor features and bug fixes
- Fixed the crash at startup (in alpha1) if tabbed browsing is turned off.
- Fixed a crash at startup if an application plugin fails to load.
- Fixed a crash if the system tray icon is clicked too quickly after starting Awasu.
- All the search text is automatically selected when clicking in the search toolbar.
- Don't flag an error if running Awasu from a limited user account because
the feed:// protocol couldn't be configured (even if it is disabled).
- Changed the text in the nag balloon shown at startup in the Personal Edition.
- Set focus to the browser pane (instead of the item pane) when a channel window is opened.
- Fixed a problem that prevented channels being created if they were being configured
to be excluded from the search index.
- Fixed a problem when clicking on the bottom-most checkbox visible in a list
that caused the wrong item to be checked.
- New channel reports now default to showing feed item excerpts.
- URL's can be dragged into My Channels to start the Channel Wizard.
- Fixed some incorrect keyboard handling if a popup menu is showing.
- Fixed a problem that was causing some channels to be incorrectly hidden
in My Channels for certain channel filters.
- Awasu now lets you know if a newer version is available. This can be configured
in the General tab of the Program Options.
- Don't show the window minimization animation if Awasu is configured to start minimized.
- Always record to the Error Log if an error notification balloon is shown.
- Clicking on a channel in My Channels now opens that channel even if another
application was active at the time of the click.
- Keyboard menu navigation in the 98/Me version is still broken (I'm waiting
for a fix from a third-party vendor for this one).