Awasu Personal Edition v2.1.2 (beta) for Windows 98/Me
This is a beta release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable.
Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance tasks
to get this release to run.
Why is there a special version for Windows 98/Me?
Awasu uses a system known as Unicode to store information which allows it
to handle feeds in any language, not just English. Unfortunately, neither
Windows 98 nor Me are able to run Unicode programs. Microsoft provide
an extension known as the Microsoft Layer For Unicode that lets Unicode
programs run on 98/Me but unfortunately this is, at best, a hack, and while
it works fine most of the time, there are some things known to have problems.
This version of Awasu has been specially modified to use the MSLU. There are
a small number of known issues but it generally works. However, if you notice
that something is not quite working properly, please let us know
and we will do our best to fix it.
- Please check the known issues below.
- You must already be running 2.1 or 2.1.1.
As always, exit Awasu and back up your installation first!
- Unpack one of following zip files on top of your existing files:
- Run ArchiveMaintenance.exe (in the Awasu installation directory)
to upgrade your database.
- Keyboard navigation of menus is broken. Arrow keys and RETURN work
but accelerator shortcuts do not. We are still waiting for a fix from
a third-party vendor to correct this problem.
- Messages in the Errors page of the Channel Properties dialog do not
- The system tray menu has been disabled since a Microsoft bug is known
to cause crashes.