IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features are not complete and you will find bugs!
You must be already running 2.1.2
or one of the previous 2.1.3 alphas.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if
the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- It is recommended (but not necessary) that you run ResetUi.exe (in the Awasu installation directory)
to reset your UI settings. If you have customized your toolbars or keyboard shortcuts,
you may want to try skipping this step. However, if you see any problems (e.g. icons
that don't match their apparent function), you should reset your UI (toolbars
and docking windows).
- IMPORTANT: If you are currently running 2.1.3.alpha3, you will find that
your middle mouse button settings are now a little screwy. You should open the Program Options dialog
and either fix them manually or just reset them back to the their defaults.
- Clarified the licenses with respect to installing Awasu on more than one machine
(permitted, as long as it is not running on more than one machine at any given time).
- Changed the way Awasu uses Mozilla as the embedded browser.
Previously, Awasu gave you the option of using the ActiveX control that came with Mozilla
or the stand-alone one provided by the Mozilla ActiveX Project.
However, the latest release of the latter appears to be the better choice and simpler
for the user to set up and so this is the one that Awasu now suggests that you use.
Its installer also registers the ActiveX control so there is no longer any need to do this
from within Awasu.
Upgraded the Downloaded Files window to support the middle mouse button.
- Added a feature that lets feed items be opened in a new browser tab in the background.
This is also available as a middle mouse button action.
- Fixed the ArchiveMaintenance and ChannelMaintenance tools to honor
DEBUG.INI settings that cause
users' home directories to move.
Awasu is now also a bit smarter about detecting if it is being run for the first time
for a given user (it is no longer fooled if the home directory already exists
but has nothing in it e.g. because the user wants it in a non-standard location
and has already created it).
- Split the old Show brief channel summaries setting into two new settings,
Show brief channel summary header and Show brief channel summary feed items.
This allows channel summaries to be displayed as most people will probably want
them to be: brief header but verbose feed items.
- Improved the way the system tray menu looks.
- Links can now be dragged into Awasu's main window to start the Channel Wizard.
Awasu is also now much stricter about letting the Channel Wizard or Program Options dialog
be opened if there is another dialog box already open.
- Added an option to the My Channels context menu to open all channels in a folder.
The My Channels Mark all as read context menu item now also works for folders
as well as channels. For both, hold down the SHIFT key to recurse down through sub-folders.
- The Channel Wizard no longer sets the new channel's plugin parameters
back to their default values when it finishes
- Tidied up and tweaked lots of icons and dialog layouts.
Other changes and bug fixes
- Added a new item to the toolbar context menu to lock/unlock the toolbars
(this option was previously only available in the Program Options dialog).
- Newly-created channels automatically open their summary window once their
initial feed has been downloaded but this window is now opened in the background.
- Fixed the Tasks Pane to draw its icons properly in all situations.
- Standardized the layout of the final page of each of the wizards.
- Added a Send email middle mouse button action to channel window item panes.
- Modified the Channel Wizard to not allow changes to the new channel's
main feed parameters after it has started (e.g. the feed URL or HTTP authentication).
- Fixed another case where a channel could come back to life after having
been deleted because it had expired.
- Ensured that something is always selected when opening one of the "Organize ..." dialogs.
- Channels that used to be in the Favorites list but have since been deleted
are no longer saved in CONFIG.INI.
- Disabled the Validate feed button correctly in the Channel Properties
dialog if the feed is being read from a file but the file is not there.
- The Delete channel? confirmation dialog now dynamically updates its UI
as the selected action changes.
- The Cleanup channels dialog now updates its UI correctly if no channels are selected.
- A file browser dialog is no longer automatically opened if sounds are turned on.
- The auto-discovery configuration mini-dialog is no longer automatically opened
if auto-discovery is turned on.
- Fixed the HTML viewer (in the Workpad Item dialog) to work properly on non-Windows XP systems.
- Made more stuff in some dialogs use bold text. Just because I could.
- Added a help icon to the mini-dialog used to set time intervals (e.g. blackout times).
- Fixed the default channel report template to show the watermark in the bottom-right corner.
- If a user has only one channel subscription, ChannelMaintenance now correctly auto-selects it.
- Removed the Rebuild hashes feature from the ArchiveMaintenance tool.
- The full-screen toolbar button in the channel windows is broken (F11 still works).