Awasu 2.2.4 (beta)
This is a beta release [?].
Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable.
Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance tasks
to get this release to run.
First, backup your existing Awasu installation! [?]
Then choose how you want to install this release:
The main new feature in this release is the ability to synchronize
with several other online feed readers. Support is included for Google Reader,
Bloglines and Gregarius and the framework allows for other feed readers
to be included if they provide a suitable interface that Awasu can access.
Improved support for OPML
Awasu's support for OPML has also been significantly improved.
Exporting your channels to an OPML file is now done by a built-in feature rather than
using Awasu's reporting framework and both import and export are much more flexible.
This release implements the first stage of hardening Awasu against malicious content.
If you are using Windows XP SP2, the security features described
are now enabled, in particular, IE's new popup blocker and yellow security bar
that shows at the top of the browser window when a page tries to show blocked content.
Awasu can be configured to enable only some of the listed features (or even enable
new ones) so if you need to fine-tune this feature, please post in the forums
for the necessary incantations.
Other features and bug fixes
- Added the new Awasu Administration support tool (admin.exe).
This replaces the old ArchiveMaintenance.exe program.
- Added support for the awasu: protocol.
- Keep the unread item count in My Channels up-to-date correctly.
Many thanks to Tomi Junnila for his help with this one.
- Optimized the way Awasu tracks which items have been read.
This also helps when sync'ing read/unread items between two Awasu's. Many thanks to Tomi Junnila for his help with this one.
- Worked around a problem in Windows that was sometimes stopping content from being downloaded for offline reading.
- Worked around a problem in Windows that was sometimes causing Awasu to hang when shutting down.
- Fixed a bug when synchronizing item pane columns.
- Fixed a problem where new values entered into a property list (e.g. when setting up columns in item panes) would sometimes be lost unless you pressed ENTER first.
- Awasu now asks for confirmation before allowing you to choose a file that will be overwritten (e.g. when saving sync data or generating a channel report).
- Immediately close any notification balloons when shutting down.
- Fixed a possible crash when importing lots of channels that are being redirected by their web servers.
- Passwords are now hidden when editing them in property lists.
- Internet Explorer error dialog boxes are now disabled by default.
- Added missing OK/Cancel buttons to the IE Settings mini-dialog.
- Fixed an incorrect label in the Save sync data dialog.