IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 2.3.2.alpha1.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- Run admin.exe to upgrade your database (this will be quick).
Optimized config file management
The main change in this release is a system-wide optimization of how Awasu manages
its config files. This should result in a much snappier UI, plus faster feed updates
(although this will be less noticable since it happens in the background).
Support for Outbrain's feed item ranking system
This release also adds support for Outbrain, a new online service that lets you
rate feed items. We will also be adding more features along these lines as they expand
This feature is off by default but to turn it on, open the Program Options dialog,
go to the Advanced tab and click on the new Templates button. Then simply
activate the OUTBRAIN_USERID setting.
Minor changes and bug fixes
- Make sure the progress bar in the Awasu Administration tool is completely visible under Vista.
- Fixed a crash during startup in the trial versions if the computer is not online.
- Worked around a problem in Windows (that was exposed by the new feed updating engine in 2.3.2.alpha1) that would occasionally corrupt feed downloads, resulting in XML parse errors.
- Fixed a minor problem in the template processor that was causing spurious carriage returns to be inserted.
- Handle HTTP 303'.s
- Fixed a problem introduced in 2.3.2.alpha1 that broke auto-discovery in the Channel Wizard.
- Added the ability to set arbitrary template parameters from the UI.
- The Window menu is not updated as windows are opened (seems to have been introduced in 2.3).
- The Awasu Admin tool is having trouble if you have non-English characters in your Windows account name.