IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 2.3.4.alpha2.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
Minor changes and bug fixes
- Change the way Send-To works when operating on a channel summary page.
Clicking on a browser tab and sending the page to the clipboard, email or a workpad will now use the channel's home page URL.
- Changed the way Awasu shows web page titles.
- Removed a hack that caused flickering when opening a channel that is configured to download feed items for offline reading.
The IE bug that this hack worked around is no longer relevant.
- Changed the position of the send-to popup menu (so it's more visible when "River Of News" is turned off).
- Fixed a problem that caused Awasu to occasionally stop responding to IE context menu items.
- HTML tags that have been removed from feed content for being potentially unsafe are now highlighted with a "content removed" icon.
- Fixed a possible crash when adding new items to the search index.
- Standardized the operation of the Organize Channel Favorites/Channel Filters/Channel Reports/Workpads dialogs.
Changes are now deferred until OK is pressed (i.e. they are no longer applied immediately). This also means that changes can be cancelled.
- Removed the delay between clicking on a balloon to auto-optimize the archive database and ADMIN.EXE actually starting.
- Added the ability to delete all the channels in a folder.
- Added an option to open search results in a new browser tab.
- Got the "Add to default workpad" keyboard accelerator (Control-W) going again.
You may need to run ResetUi.exe for this change to take effect.
- Clicking on a search result's icon opens the item within the channel's summary page (if possible) rather than opening the link directly.
This is how Awasu used to work but this behaviour was broken by an optimization in 2.3.2.
- Ensured that output from an external script (e.g. plugin channel, channel hook, etc.) is interpreted as UTF-8.
- Improved the way quoted file paths are saved in config files.
- Fixed a problem that was stopping channels from being assigned to their folders correctly if they were being created during a sync load.
- Reports sent by email now have MIME types set correctly.
- Strip the feed:// protocol when showing any auto-discovered feed URL's.
- Changed the way the length of MDI tab captions are limited.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the My Channels folder from being renamed if there are no other folders defined.