IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 3.0.2 or 3.0.3.alpha1.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
I say this every time, but this time I really
mean it! There have been extensive changes in this release, so if you have problems and need to go back to 3.0.2, it will be tricky to do so since there have also been database changes.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- If you are upgrading from 3.0.2:
- Download and unpack this file into the Awasu installation directory.
- Run admin.exe to upgrade your database.
This may take some time to run.
- If you are upgrading from 3.0.3.alpha1, delete Awasu.upgrade in the Awasu installation directory.
- Changed how Awasu manages thread-safety.
- Channel summary pages are now served via the Awasu API.
- Channel summary pages are now generated in-memory.
- Template files are now cached.
Minor changes and bug fixes
- Stopped the embedded browser from running in compatibility mode.
- Awasu now tries to locate an available port if the default one (2604) is unavailable.
- Error notifications are now always logged, even if notification balloons are disabled.
- Awasu is occasionally unable to show images in a channel's page (if you see this happening, please send me the image URL's). This will be fixed in the next release.
- Awasu may occasionally crash when downloading offline content. This appears to be one of those this-should-never-happen problems, which I'm still investigating...