IMPORTANT: This is an alpha release (what's this?).
Some features may not be complete and there will probably be bugs!
You must be already running 3.0.3 or 3.0.4.alpha1.
- Read the release notes below first!
- Backup your Awasu installation directory and keep it, even if the alpha appears to work correctly.
- Unpack one (!) of the following zips on top of your existing installation:
- If you are upgrading from 3.0.4.alpha1, just delete Awasu.upgrade from the installation directory.
- If you are upgrading from 3.0.3, run admin.exe to upgrade your database.
This may take a short time to run.
- Optimized how output is captured from plugins.
- Optimized how Awasu shuts down.
- Optimized how Awasu connects to its archive database.
- Improved how Awasu gets online via a proxy.
- Improved how Awasu Admin detects Awasu users when logged into a domain.
Minor changes and bug fixes
- Awasu now figures out whether to email out reports as HTML or plain-text.
- Awasu now checks for common tags when trying to auto-detect HTML.
- Tightened up how non-English email subjects are handled.
- Channel summary pages are now generated synchronously by default (outside the UI).
- Added the ability to limit the number of feed items shown in a channel summary page.
- <nobr> and <o:p> are now shown in feed content, by default.
- Fixed a problem that was stopping Awasu from starting automatically when Windows starts.
- Fixed a problem that was stopping the feed:// and awasu:// protocol handlers from working.
- Awasu now checks if a user-defined temp file directory actually exists before trying to use it.
- Fixed a problem with how the image download proxy is started.
- Awasu Admin now only loads the current user into the UI if they have actually used Awasu.
- Upgrades must now be done unelevated if Windows folder redirection is active for the user.
- Fixed several possible hangs.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Miscellaneous UI changes.