Awasu 3.0.4 (beta)
This is a beta release [?].
Some features may not be complete and the software may be unstable. Install at your own risk! You may need to do some basic computer maintenance tasks to get this release to run.
First, backup your existing Awasu installation! [?]
Then choose how you want to install this release:
- Unpack the release ZIP file on top of your existing installation.
- Run admin.exe to upgrade your database (this may take a short time to run).
- Optimized how output is captured from plugins.
- Optimized how Awasu shuts down.
- Optimized how Awasu connects to its archive database.
- Added support for additional image types e.g. PNG.
- Added support for MP3 sounds.
- Web-bugs are no longer downloaded for offline reading.
- Web-bugs are now removed from the channel summary pages.
- Ctrl-Back and Ctrl-Delete now work in edit boxes.
- Awasu now figures out whether to email out reports as HTML or plain-text.
- Awasu now checks for common tags when trying to auto-detect HTML.
- Tightened up how non-English email subjects are handled.
- Channel summary pages are now generated synchronously by default (outside the UI).
- Added the ability to limit the number of feed items shown in a channel summary page.
- <nobr> and <o:p> are now shown in feed content, by default.
- Improved how Awasu gets online via a proxy.
- Improved how Awasu Admin detects Awasu users when logged into a domain.
- Fixed a problem that was often stopping the Channel Wizard from successfully auto-discovering feeds.
- Fixed a problem with auto-discovery that was stopping relative URL's from being handled properly.
- Python now only looks in the Awasu installation directory when loading external modules.
- Limited the size of attachments that can be emailed.
- Fixed a problem that was storing redundant feed items in the archive database.
- Fixed a problem that was stopping Awasu from receiving API requests correctly if another copy of Awasu was already running in another session.
- Channel images are now clickable in the channel summary pages.
- The Tasks Pane is now updated after a channel is deleted.
- Plain-text item titles are no longer HTML-stripped in the channel item pane.
- The Program Options dialog now shows the number of files queued for download.
- The Downloaded Files window now offers a "Open file location" menu item.
- Fixed a problem with processing metadata modules for feeds that have a BOM.
- Metadata module processing no longer logs an error for malformed feeds.
- Awasu tries to handle malformed UTF8 better when replacing SGML entities.
- API requests can no longer save the result in a file.
- Removed Mozilla as an option for the embedded browser.
I know some of you are using this, but it uses a third-party control that hasn't been updated for years, and can no longer be considered secure. If you really, really, really want to use it, shoot me an email and I'll tell you how to turn it back on.
- Tried to minimize the effect of a problem in reading the output generated by an external process (this typically manifested as a "the channel produced no output" error).
- Fixed a problem that was stopping Awasu from starting automatically when Windows starts.
- Awasu now checks if a user-defined temp file directory actually exists before trying to use it.
- Fixed a problem with how the image download proxy is started.
- Added a way to stop the browser from showing the XML response when submitting API requests.
- Fixed a problem that was stopping some predefined template parameters from working when generating report files, FTP upload URL's, etc.
- The currently-selected channel filter is now always activated when closing the Organize Channel Filters dialog.
- Tightened up how drag-and-drop is handled.
- Show search agents in the My Searches window in their configured colors.
- Search agents in the My Searches window now show the number of results they have.
- Allow the number of search results show per page to be configured.
- Fixed the search form to allow queries of unlimited length.
- Fixed the search form to encode some special characters correctly.
- Allow search channels to be created using a search query of unlimited length.
- Got enclosure links in the channel summary pages working again.
- Removed support for the awasu:// and feed:// protocols.
- Work around malformed feeds and only use a GUID as a permalink if it is a URL.
- Awasu Admin now only loads the current user into the UI if they have actually used Awasu.
- Upgrades must now be done unelevated if Windows folder redirection is active for the user.
- Fixed several possible hangs.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
- Fixed a problem that was sometimes stopping the Crash Reporter from displaying correctly.
- Fixed a crash when clicking on an item in the sidebar.
- Fixed a crash if too many channels are imported into the Personal Ediiton.
- Fixed a crash when handling authenticated feeds.
- Fixed a possible crash when invalid arguments are passed into a template parameter.
- Fixed a possible crash during startup.
- Fixed a problem that was causing Awasu and plugins to become zombies if Awasu crashes while plugins are running.
- Fixed a possible crash caused by other applications maybe sending Awasu a rogue message.
- Fixed a possible crash in Awasu Admin if an operation is cancelled just as it finishes.
- Fixed a crash in Awasu Admin if an operation is done twice.
- Miscellaneous UI changes.