kyodylee

Postby kyodylee » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:27 am

I'm an American military brat who grew up in Japan. I just gotta love a program that greats you in Japanese when you open it. But I digress.

I created a MyRSS channel for www.knac.com and the channel created just fine. But now the channel never updates. It just stays on the original feed that I created. Any suggestions on how to get it to update would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much. Sayonara.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jun 13, 2003 3:43 am

kyodylee wrote:I'm an American military brat who grew up in Japan.

Well, we won't hold that against you :-)

kyodylee wrote:I created a MyRSS channel for www.knac.com and the channel created just fine. But now the channel never updates. It just stays on the original feed that I created. Any suggestions on how to get it to update would be greatly appreciated.

The first thing to check is to make sure you have automatic updating for that channel turned on. Open the channel's properties and make sure that the "Automatically update this channel" option is ticked.

It also depends on how often they publish new content. I have some channels that only have one new item every 2-3 weeks. Or it may be the case that MyRSS is having trouble identifying new content on their web page.

When you open a channel, you will be told when it was last updated. But if no items are appearing in the feed, it will look like nothing has changed. If you post the feed URL, I'll take a look at it but I am pretty certain that this is what's happening.

kyodylee

Postby kyodylee » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:10 am

I do have the channel set to automatic update every 12 hours. I think the problem is just as you stated.
Or it may be the case that MyRSS is having trouble identifying new content on their web page.

When you open a channel, you will be told when it was last updated. But if no items are appearing in the feed, it will look like nothing has changed. If you post the feed URL, I'll take a look at it but I am pretty certain that this is what's happening.

The channel does show a current update time, but there are no updates or changes to the content. If I then go to MyRSS and create a new feed, I get a freshly updated channel with new content.

Here's the URL: http://myrss.com/f/k/n/knacWsyddz1.rss91

Thanks again for your support. :)

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:17 am

kyodylee wrote:I
The channel does show a current update time, but there are no updates or changes to the content. If I then go to MyRSS and create a new feed, I get a freshly updated channel with new content.

That's weird. I've added the channel to my list and I'll keep an eye on it.

If you go the home page for that feed (http://myrss.com/f/k/n/knacWsyddz1.html), you will see a list of items as found by MyRSS. I would suggest keeping an eye on that and seeing if it changes. If it doesn't, then the problem is at their end and you should report it to them. If it does change but isn't being picked up by Awasu, then that's a problem at our end. But I strongly suspect it will be the former :-)

kyodylee

Postby kyodylee » Sat Jun 14, 2003 3:07 pm

Ok, I'll do that. Thanks for the quick responses and I look forward to the new release of Awasu. You have an excellent product.

kyodylee

Postby kyodylee » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:15 am

Thought I would post an update here. The channel is now updating. I sent e-mails to both webmaster@MyRSS and webmaster@knac. Never got a reply but the channel works now. Whoever fixed it, Thank you. :D

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:40 am

kyodylee wrote:The channel is now updating.

I noticed it started updating a few days ago as well. It wasn't anything we did so it seems that myrss actually respond to requests. Always good to see :-D

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”