View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
Post Just installed 1.1
It's a nice improvement, and the previous version wasn't bad.

My only complaint is that when I try right-click in order to open a page in my default browser (which is not Internet Explorer), it now opens in IE.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:45 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: Just installed 1.1
Eric wrote:
It's a nice improvement, and the previous version wasn't bad.

Thanks! :lol:

Eric wrote:
My only complaint is that when I try right-click in order to open a page in my default browser (which is not Internet Explorer), it now opens in IE.

Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this. Awasu uses IE as it's embedded browser and we can't persuade it to open in anything other than IE :(

However, if you right click in the item pane (the top part of the channel window) and open an item from there, it will open in your default browser.

And if you are using Mozilla, it is possible to hack Awasu to use that instead of IE. Details are here: http://www.awasu.com/faqs/ReplacingIe.php

Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:43 pm
Profile WWW
Post Re: Just installed 1.1
support wrote:
However, if you right click in the item pane (the top part of the channel window) and open an item from there, it will open in your default browser.

It doesn't work for me that way in 1.1, although it did in the 1.0.x version I was using earlier. If I right-click and choose "open in a new window," it used to open in my default browser (Opera), but now it opens in IE6.

I knew about the way I could use Awasu to display using the Mozilla engine, but that's more work than I want to do, plus I'm concerned that I could mess things up next time I update Mozilla (or actually Firebird these days).

Anyway, I do think you have a great product.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]