Eric

Postby Eric » Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:45 pm

It's a nice improvement, and the previous version wasn't bad.

My only complaint is that when I try right-click in order to open a page in my default browser (which is not Internet Explorer), it now opens in IE.

Other than that, keep up the good work!

User avatar
support
Site Admin
Posts: 2927
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 8:48 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Postby support » Fri Jul 04, 2003 6:43 pm

Eric wrote:It's a nice improvement, and the previous version wasn't bad.


Thanks! :lol:

Eric wrote:My only complaint is that when I try right-click in order to open a page in my default browser (which is not Internet Explorer), it now opens in IE.


Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do about this. Awasu uses IE as it's embedded browser and we can't persuade it to open in anything other than IE :(

However, if you right click in the item pane (the top part of the channel window) and open an item from there, it will open in your default browser.

And if you are using Mozilla, it is possible to hack Awasu to use that instead of IE. Details are here: http://www.awasu.com/faqs/ReplacingIe.php

Guest

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:55 pm

support wrote:However, if you right click in the item pane (the top part of the channel window) and open an item from there, it will open in your default browser.

It doesn't work for me that way in 1.1, although it did in the 1.0.x version I was using earlier. If I right-click and choose "open in a new window," it used to open in my default browser (Opera), but now it opens in IE6.

I knew about the way I could use Awasu to display using the Mozilla engine, but that's more work than I want to do, plus I'm concerned that I could mess things up next time I update Mozilla (or actually Firebird these days).

Anyway, I do think you have a great product.


Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests