alibrarian

Postby alibrarian » Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:03 pm

I just downloaded Awasu. I must have made some kind of change such that the Control Center floats on the left side and other panes (such as the text of the feeds) extend under it.

How can I make everything stay to the right of the Control Center window, the way it's shown in http://www.awasu.com/img/scr_MainWindow_tour.jpg ?

Thank you.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:06 pm

alibrarian wrote:I must have made some kind of change such that the Control Center floats on the left side and other panes (such as the text of the feeds) extend under it.

I don't quite see what you mean. Could you please send a screenshot to support@awasu.com

If you don't know how to do this, press SHIFT-Print Screen (usually labelled Prt Scr), run MS Paint (you'll find it in Accessories in your Start menu) and paste the screenshot in. Save it as a JPEG file somewhere and then send me that file.

Or just try dragging the windows around e.g. at the top of the Control Centre, you'll see a pair of horizontal lines that you can grab with your mouse.

kyodylee

Postby kyodylee » Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:25 pm

OK, I think I am now having the same problem. Maybe I can explain it. I accidentally closed the Control Center for the first time. :(
When I went to bring it back (clicked on View tab, Control Center) it now opens as a separate window (I'm using XP Pro). So now it stays on top whenever I open a channel. Of course, getting in the way and blocking the view of the channel summary page, which is also a separate window. So now I have two separate windows behaving independently on top of the Awasu shell. :cry:

:help:

P.S. I e-mailed you a screen shot.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:39 pm

kyodylee wrote:So now I have two separate windows behaving independently on top of the Awasu shell. :cry:

Hey! This is a feature!

Grab the title bar of the Control Center and drag the window - you will see a grey window border as you move it around. As you approach the left or right side of the main window, this border will suddenly snap to fill the entire side of the window. Let go of the mouse button and things will be as they were.

I actually have mine on the right side of the main window. It took a while to get used to but it's actually much better since it puts the channel windows on the left which is where you spend most of your time looking. You can do this same thing with the other system windows, toolbars, even the main menu! Note that not all windows will dock everywhere e.g. the Control Center will only dock on the left or right, the Workpad only the top or bottom.

I think we developers are so used to living in Visual Studio (Microsoft's development environment) that we forget that some people have never seen docking windows before :roll: :oops:

kyodylee

Postby kyodylee » Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:25 am

DUH! I feel so silly. :oops: I get it now. Arigatou gozaimasu.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”