msalamon

Postby msalamon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:48 am

I am evaluating Awasu for my job. I installed it on a computer at work and it seems to be just fine. I then installed it on my home PC, but I can't connect to any feeds. When I try to add a new channel, it says "Can't Download the Feed." I am able to connect to the feed url using the built in browser, but not to any feeds when I add a channel. The built in awasu channel does not connect either.

Am I missing anything basic? I have Windows 7 and Nortion 360. I turned off my firewall in Norton and tried to add a channel. No luck. I added Awasu to the Windows 7 firewall as well.

I turned on Fiddler and didn't notice any activity on port 80 when I tried to open a channel. Awasu is listed as an application that has internet access allowed in Nortion.

I am using the most recent version of Awasu.

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:21 am

I just updated some Channels in Awasu while running Fiddler and I do see Awasu listed as a process using port 3332.

In your running copy of Fiddler does it say "All Processes" in the status bar (towards the left side)?

If not keep clicking that portion of the status bar to toggle it around to where it says "All Processes" and then try refreshing Channels again.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:53 am

msalamon wrote:When I try to add a new channel, it says "Can't Download the Feed."

Sigh... This is an error that should never occur :-( Can you send me your <tt>CONFIG.INI</tt> file and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.

msalamon wrote:The built in awasu channel does not connect either.

This is really weird. Does this channel show any content when you open it? Have you ever been able to create or update <i>any</i> channels at all?

msalamon

Postby msalamon » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:46 pm

i have emailed the config.ini file to support@awasu.com.

I have not gotten any channel content since installing on my home pc (which was only 2 days ago).

Btw, regarding Fiddler, it does say all channels.

Lossadil

Postby Lossadil » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:11 pm

I dig up this old topic because I've received the same problem ...

Yesterday night, I've decided to stress a little bit awasu giving it less than 2000 rss feeds in one folder ... with an update each 15 minutes with a report each 10 minutes ... Because at my work, I will do this with more than the double ...

It worked well during 8 hours ... until an internet disconnection this morning ...

After it, I reboot my pc, I try to launch Awasu but it crashed at starting. I reboot, I try several times but same problem.
I've run the "optimize the archive database" : ok
I've tried to run "rebuild index" : repeated crash in the middle of the process ...

So, I've decide to uninstall completly awasu with "delete everything" option ...

And now, I have this problem with the new install : "Can't Download the Feed" with any attempt of adding a feed ... I tried it with ten different rss feeds which works perfectly before on Awasu and also now in google reader.

In the same time, awasu cannot do any update of "built in feeds" ...

I've run fiddler.exe as explained before but same conclusion ... but in my case, I can use the "built in browser" to see any webpage but not to use the "blinking feed icon" to add one ...

I've tried to descativate the anti-virus and the firewall, but nothing has changed ... I've even try with a Portable Awasu ...

My computer seems to be totally unusable with awasu at the moment ...

Any idea before a format ?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:09 pm

Lossadil wrote:I dig up this old topic because I've received the same problem ...

IIRC, you're running a trial version. I think either your trial has expired, or you transferred your trial license key from another computer.

If it's the former and you need a bit more time, send me an email with the details of your trial key and I'll reset things on the server. If it's the latter, either completely un-install Awasu, re-install and Awasu will ask for a new key when it starts. Or you can edit your CONFIG.INI and remove the [Trial key] section - this will get Awasu to request a new one.

Lossadil

Postby Lossadil » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:24 pm

or you transferred your trial license key from another computer.

:oops:

hum ... Why the idea of formatting a computer is so unpopular ...

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:13 pm

Lossadil wrote:Why the idea of formatting a computer is so unpopular ...

Nothing wrong with it in itself - I usually rebuild my computers once a year. But it's the thermonuclear option for an application that's not quite working right... :hysterical:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”