Booboo

Postby Booboo » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:01 am

This question may be slightly off topic as it may not require Awasu - but I am going to asky anyway!

Once I have gather a group of items in a workpad, I can run a report that I could email or upload to a webpage.

But, how could I generate an RSS feed for these items that someone else could view them on their Feed Reader?
Booboo

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:45 pm

Booboo wrote:But, how could I generate an RSS feed for these items that someone else could view them on their Feed Reader?

Reports are generated from a template so all you need to do is use a template that generates RSS or Atom instead of HTML and that'll be your feed. Awasu comes with a sample to get you started (<tt>MetaChannel.template</tt>).

Combine this with Awasu's ability to automatically FTP the report output up to your website and your new feed updates will automatically become available to your subscribers.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:09 pm

Oh, I and forgot to mention that 2.4.2 also added a new feature that makes your workpads instantly available as a feed via the new and improved HTTP API (look for <tt>$/workpads/feed</tt>). Useful if you are running an Awasu server, your subscribers are all on your intranet etc.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”