Saddam

Postby Saddam » Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:36 pm

If we look at this URL http://webcast.berkeley.edu/courses/archive.php?seriesid=1906978334 then it has a video, MP3 and MP3 download for each lecture. Can we have it so Awasu always downloads each piece of media automatically or say a select one say MP3?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:49 am

Saddam wrote:Can we have it so Awasu always downloads each piece of media automatically or say a select one say MP3?

The RSS feed has the media files embedded in it as enclosures so yes, Awasu will download them for you if you ask it to.

Note that enclosures must be enabled globally (from the Enclosures tab in the Program Options) and for each channel you want them for (from the Channel tab in the channel's Properties dialog).

Saddam

Postby Saddam » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:31 am

Since the "enclosures" are hundreds of megs potentially and this may wreck my Skype calls, can I stop/start them without closing Awasu (each time I may a Skype call)?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:44 am

Saddam wrote:can I stop/start them without closing Awasu (each time I may a Skype call)?

Awasu doesn't offer that kind of control over enclosure downloads. However, to avoid hogging your bandwidth, it does them one at a time so it may not impact your Skype calls. You can also control when enclosures can be downloaded (e.g. only overnight) from the Enclosures tab of the Program Options.

Saddam

Postby Saddam » Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:45 am

You can also control when enclosures can be downloaded (e.g. only overnight) from the Enclosures tab of the Program Options.

Great I will set it 2am-6am then it is no prob :)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”