Crysm

Postby Crysm » Sat Sep 20, 2003 10:15 am

Hi,
i downloaded the awasu software 2 days ago the main reason that i chose this software was because i read on serveral sites in their reviews that this
was the only program that allowed rss news to be forwarded to a mobile phone by sms.

I have bin going threw the program and help files and what i can make out of it is that this needs to be done by a channel hook that's not included.

So basicly my question is , is this feature possible yet if so where do i get the hook or what function do i need to use for this.

Best regards,

cm

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Sep 20, 2003 2:23 pm

Crysm wrote:i read on serveral sites in their reviews that this
was the only program that allowed rss news to be forwarded to a mobile phone by sms.

G'day.

I'm not sure where you read this review. We have been using RSS->SMS as an *example* of the kind of thing that Awasu can do but to our knowledge, nobody has yet written a channel hook to do this.

We currently provide one that does RSS->Email and writing one for SMS would probably not be too difficult to do but we haven't done it yet since there hasn't been too much interest in such a thing. If you have a mobile phone service that accepts emails, it would be possible to get RSS items sent to your phone via email using the existing RSS->Email channel hook.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”