The Duve

Postby The Duve » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:30 pm

I was running Awasu Pro on my Sony laptop when the power supply died. :cry: I bought a new HP laptop :P and bought a new Awasu Pro license (my 12 months was about up.)
I installed Awasu Pro on the new HP machine.
I pulled the hard drive from the Sony and connected it as an auxilliary drive to the HP so I have access to all the Awasu files from the failed machine.

Is there a way to load the feeds and channels from the Sony hard drive to the new Awasu Pro?

Thanks.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:52 pm

The Duve wrote:Is there a way to load the feeds and channels from the Sony hard drive to the new Awasu Pro?

Copy over the Users sub-directory from the old drive to the new one.

In this directory, you will find a sub-directory whose name matches your logon name on the old machine. If you use a different logon name on your new machine, rename this directory to match your new logon name.

If you have Awasu installed in the same location (e.g. <tt>C:\Program Files\Awasu</tt>), everything should work OK. If not, you will find a few things broken but nothing that can't be fixed by re-configuring them in the UI. In particular, you will find that you get an error message when opening channels saying that Awasu can't find the template file. This is because Awasu saves the path to the template files using full path names so if Awasu is now in a different directory, it won't be able to find it. To fix this, open the Program Options dialog, go to the Display page and reset the default template file at the bottom of the page.

The Duve

Postby The Duve » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:19 pm

Thanks for the fast reply. Very impressive. :lol:

Your suggestion worked well and saved me a lot of effort. (305 feeds!)

Thank you.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”