carrymeJesus

Postby carrymeJesus » Sun Sep 10, 2006 12:56 pm

Hello there,

I have spent considerable time on your website, as I am just learning how to "crawl", in a world of experienced users of feed readers. I am in fact, just starting (Tonight) to learn what it is all about. :idea:

As I am already frustrated with the speed of my computer, :roll: (It is 1.8 GHz, 256 RAM, (I'm considering buying more RAM), I am installing high speed Cable Internet within next few weeks)....................will running Awasu, very involved/settup to search for many feeds.........significantly slow down my computer?

I am only just scratching the surface of the dust, on the surface :shock: .......and I can see that I would most likely find Awasu useful.

I'm not a computer Guru, as you can tell, already........(Or why would I even ask the question) but I found myself getting drawn in, at just the Forum, so I could start to learn more about it.

Thank you ahead of time, for your help.

carrymeJesus :D

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:05 pm

carrymeJesus wrote:As I am already frustrated with the speed of my computer, :roll: (It is 1.8 GHz, 256 RAM, (I'm considering buying more RAM), I am installing high speed Cable Internet within next few weeks)....................will running Awasu, very involved/settup to search for many feeds.........significantly slow down my computer?

It depends on what version of Windows you are running. If you have XP, 256 Mb is definitely not enough and running *anything* will slow your computer down :-)

If you disk is slow and/or getting full, you will probably find this will have more impact when running Awasu than how much memory you have.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”