nreiter

Postby nreiter » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:15 pm

I have the Advanced ver. 1.1.3 but the About Awasu says it's a demo version that will expire on 31st Dec. 2003. I see no place to enter my license code.
-- Ned --

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Oct 01, 2003 1:29 pm

nreiter wrote:I have the Advanced ver. 1.1.3 but the About Awasu says it's a demo version that will expire on 31st Dec. 2003. I see no place to enter my license code.

Yes, that's right. Betas are always expiring demos regardless of whether you have the Personal or Advanced Edition. Their purpose is to give people access to new features as they are implemented and give them a bit of a workout. Once they have proved themselves to be bug-free, a full proper release will be issued which will be non-expiring. To date, there have been two full releases: 1.0 and 1.1. Three-digit version numbers indicate beta releases and they expire. The next beta will be released well before 31st December so you will always have a working version of Awasu.

The Advanced Edition is actually a different set of EXE's to the Personal Edition. That's why you need to get a special version from us if you have the AE and what you will get is the Advanced Edition plus the new beta features.

Just to give y'all an idea of what's coming, the next beta will allow you to keep more than one machine running Awasu (e.g. one at home and one at work) in sync with each other. The beta after that will allow archiving of feed items and a better search feature. Once these features have been fully tested, a full general release (1.2) will be made.

nreiter

Postby nreiter » Wed Oct 01, 2003 2:00 pm

Ok, got it. Thanks for the quick reply (and the quick template fix earlier this morning).
-- Ned --

Marc Fraser

Postby Marc Fraser » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:13 am

Hi.

As was pointed out, the BETA 1.1.3 (advanced) expires at the end of this month. Will there be a Win98 compatible release before then please?

Marc

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Dec 04, 2003 10:15 am

Marc Fraser wrote:Will there be a Win98 compatible release before then please?

Yes there will :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”