deltabob

Postby deltabob » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:07 pm

I've recently re-upped my Professional Edition; I however need to get a clean installation (not an upgrade package).

Can someone point me to the file I need. I can provide order info on request.

Thanks,
deltabob

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:49 am

Thanks for the renewal :-)

If you go to the release page for the version you want (the latest is 2.2.3), you will find instructions for how to do a clean install.

This is a manual install and won't show any entries in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel, set up desktop icons, etc. If you want these, you need to use the 2.2 installer and then upgrade through the betas.

deltabob

Postby deltabob » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:13 pm

When I go to, for example, the 2.2 Install page, it gives me the Personal Edition. The link for info about Pro is just a link to the ordering page.

I need a link to the Pro install package or instructions for how to upgrade the Personal to Pro - since I've already purchased the upgrade.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:27 pm

deltabob wrote:I need a link to the Pro install package or instructions for how to upgrade the Personal to Pro - since I've already purchased the upgrade.

Sorry, my misteak :oops:

The email you got when you purchased Awasu for the first time (not the upgrade) contains the link to download the 2.2 installer. I'll send it to again anyway. If you want to just run 2.2, that's all you need.

If you want to run one of the later betas, you have two choices: (1) install 2.2 and then upgrade to the required beta or (2) do a clean (but manual) install of the required beta. Go to the release page for the beta you want and it has instructions for how to do this.

The second option is quicker but doesn't add Awasu to Add/Remove Programs, doesn't install desktop icons, etc. (i.e. nothing terribly important).

deltabob

Postby deltabob » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:47 pm

Thanks - I finally figured out what I needed to do. I'm installed again and up and running.

Thanks again for the excellent support. That's the main reason I have been using Awasu for as long as I have - first as a Personal user, then upgrading to Pro; now renewing my Pro.

I love the level of support and the timeliness of it.

Keep up the good work!
deltabob

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:21 am

deltabob wrote:I love the level of support and the timeliness of it.

Keep up the good work!

No worries and thanks :-)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”