prazim

Postby prazim » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:49 pm

This morning I ran the archive maintenance "optimize" option and it reported 36 channels, but I have 47. I then ran "rebuild index" and it rpeorted the correct 47 channels. Why the discrpancy?
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:57 pm

sue wrote:This morning I ran the archive maintenance "optimize" option and it reported 36 channels, but I have 47. I then ran "rebuild index" and it rpeorted the correct 47 channels. Why the discrpancy?

ArchiveMaintenace reports the number of channels it finds in the database. if you have channels that have not received any content or have had all their content purged (for being too old), ArchiveMaintenance won't find anything for them in the database and hence won't report them.

Not sure why rebuilding the index made the discrepancy go away. If you waited for a while before doing it, it may be that the channels updated and received content in the interim.

prazim

Postby prazim » Tue Nov 14, 2006 3:20 pm

Thanks so much. Actually, I did one right after the other, but I had restored the data from a backup, so it could be that something funky happened in the restore, based on what you have explained. I won't worry about it as long as the channels are there. That's what I was mostly concerned with.
Kind Regards,
Sue

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”