View unanswered posts | View active topics

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
Post Email to Rss
Hello,

I was doing a search for "email to rss" - and found most/all of the available apps are either defunct, or don't offer what I need/want.

I'm looking to find an app that will take email (preferably from a main webmail provider, but I'm flexible) and will deliver the FULL text email to google reader (for example) as an RSS feed.

Through my search, I saw that - perhaps - your app would do just that. I just don't know specifically how it would work. Could this, for example, be connected to a yahoo mail account? Do I need access to the physical server? Can the free/personal edition produce an RSS feed that can be subscribed to via Google Reader, for example?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Chris

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:41 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Email to Rss
Awasu will do most of what you want.

There is a plugin that reads email from any POP3 account and converts it to a feed. Yahoo Mail offers POP3 access so it should Just Work.

Awasu is stand-alone feed reader so the resulting feed will appear in Awasu, not in Google Reader, but there are another plugins (Pro Edition only) that allow Awasu to be sync'ed with other feed readers, including Google Reader.

Awasu also offers features to re-publish content it has received (e.g. by FTP'ing it up to your web server) so that's another way you might be able to push the emails to somewhere else (Advanced/Pro Editions only).

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:51 am
Profile WWW

Post Re: Email to Rss
I use the POP3 email Plugin with both Yahoo and Gmail email accounts and it works great. :D

And yes you can sync your Awasu feeds with Google Reader, and/or republish all or portions of your Awasu feeds as ATOM or RSS or a wide variety of other formats.

Awasu is versatile enough that several email accounts can be combined into a single outgoing feed, or Awasu can automatically search across the emails and build topic-oriented outgoing feeds (a health feed, a technology feed, a music feed, etc.). You can easily turn email-only newsletters into feeds!

All of the stuff we've described can be done without any real "programming" on your part; just mouse point-and-click and a little bit of typing. However, if you do have some programming skills or know someone who does, Awasu offers many extension mechanisms that are truly useful and amazing unique.

I think you'll find that Awasu really has no equal in today's marketplace and when you consider all of the functionality Awasu provides and the great support :bow: you'll receive, Awasu is really quite inexpensive.

You should request a trial version of the Advanced or Professional (my favorite) editions and ask questions in the forums during the your trial period; I'm sure you'll be pleased with Awasu.

Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Post sounds Kool
Looks like I am in the right place..

Let me know one thing...do we need a yahoo mail plus account to be able to sync with Awasu? I am looking for a free solution or some thing that I can pay for a month. The plan is to store the Yahoo Mail from a free account into a web server. As it looks form this I can create a feed and send it to web server via ftp... great.

Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: sounds Kool
Pattanaik wrote:
Let me know one thing...do we need a yahoo mail plus account to be able to sync with Awasu?

If you want to use Yahoo!, their site indicates that you need their paid service (which sounds odd). But I know the free Hotmail service offers POP3, I use it myself :-)

Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:03 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]