prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:26 am

I have emailed them to you as I don't see an option here for attaching files. For my edification, please explain why I am needing to subscribe in this way rather than the regular way of "downloaded from the internet"
Thanks!
sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:45 am

sue wrote:For my edification, please explain why I am needing to subscribe in this way rather than the regular way of "downloaded from the internet"

You said that you could subscribe if it was a file on your PC but not if it was downloaded from the net. I want to see the exact XML you're getting.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:49 am

sue wrote:I have emailed them to you

The files look OK. Just to confirm, these feeds are OK if you subscribe to them from the file on your PC but not if Awasu downloads them from the net?

Try subscribing in Awasu again and when the error dialog comes up, it will show you the feed XML. Scroll to the end and make sure it ends with <tt></item></channel></rss></tt>

Also, send me a copy of your BUILD.INFO file from the Awasu installation directory.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:56 am

this is the error when I try to subscribe the uusual way: XML parse failed (20:L1:C5450): unclosed CDATA section

the end of the data in the dialog box does not end with the text you provided.

I'm emailing the build.info file to you right now. I really want to know what the problem is and fix it. This is really exasperating!

Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Dec 02, 2006 3:12 am

sue wrote:the end of the data in the dialog box does not end with the text you provided.

This feed works fine for me with the same version of Awasu you're running :-) When you download the file manually and Save As, do you always get the entire file (i.e. open it up in Notepad and check that it ends with <tt></item></channel></rss></tt>)?

I'm baffled as to what could be happening. Maybe someone upstream from you (e.g. your ISP or someone they connect to) is having trouble dealing with this particular web site and is not returning the whole thing. Awasu doesn't know anything about these problems, thinks it's got the whole feed and gets an error when it tries to process it.

I have to go out for a while but I'll give you a possible workaround later today. 2.2.4 was released the other day so you might want to try upgrading to that as well.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:28 pm

I've put a copy of the feed on awasu.com here. Could you please try subscribing to this URL and see if you get the same problem.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:47 pm

Partial mystery solved. I am using a wonderful little utility called Ad Muncher. I am using it to filter out the ads in my Awasu feeds. Apparently, there is some conflict with the MSNBC feeds. I have contacted the developer to enlist their help. In the interim, the MSNBC feeds update properly when the filtering is turned off. PTL!!

I have tried adding the rssapplied.com feeds with the filtering off and am getting an http 404 not found error. This is one of the links tied to a button labeled rss 2.0 on their site: http://blog.rssapplied.com/public/rss/108652

Thanks again for your perseverance!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:33 am

sue wrote:I have tried adding the rssapplied.com feeds with the filtering off and am getting an http 404 not found error.

404 means the URL is incorrect. You need to contact the web site and let them know so they can fix it.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sun Dec 03, 2006 4:33 am

thanks much. needed the sanity check after what I've been through eith MS NBC!
Sue

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”