Postby HPKallmeyer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:43 am

Using Awasu I get another question:
I'd like to have all of my channels for offline reading. But I only find an option item for each channel. That is what the online help says.

Can I change this for all channels at once?

Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:47 am

There is a utility program in the Awasu installation directory called <tt>ChannelMaintenance.exe</tt> that does bulk updates to channel configuration. Changing the <i>offline reading</i> setting is not available by default, but it's pretty easy to add.

Open the file <tt>ChannelMaintenance.ini</tt> in Notepad and add the following lines at the end:

Code: Select all

[Offline content]
Description=Controls whether feed items are downloaded for offline reading.\n\n0=no ; 1=yes

Then run <tt>ChannelMaintenance.exe</tt>, select the channels you want to update, choose <i>Offline content</i> in the <i>Setting</i> droplist and set the value to 1.

This utility programs works by modifying the <tt>.CHANNEL</tt> files that are used to store channel configuration so if you don't mind nosing around in these files, it's pretty easy to figure out what to add to the <tt>ChannelMaintenance.ini</tt> file to change other settings, if they're not already available.

Postby HPKallmeyer » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:46 pm

Thank you very much.

One more question: is there any backdoor to change 'the time to keep the channel items'? It seems to be set at 1 Week.

Postby kevotheclone » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Wow! I guess I never looked at the ChannelMaintenance.ini file before, I didn't know you could add items to the list.

I've got a couple of ".CHANNEL file hacks" that I think are useful that I will add to Awasu's Wiki. When I add these wiki page(s) I'll also include the necessary lines to add these settings to the ChannelMaintenance.ini file so that a user can modify these settings with the Channel Maintenance utility.

By the way HPKallmeyer, there's an atom feed for Awasu Wiki updates, if you're interested:
http://www.awasu.com/wiki/index.php?tit ... &feed=atom

"the time to keep the channel items"
If I understand what you're asking for then I believe there's a front door for these settings

You can set the default time to keep the channel items:
* From the "Tools" menu select "Options"
* Click the "Archive" button
* Update the "Keep content for" setting

And on a Channel-by-Channel basis:
* Select the Channel's Properties
* Click the "Advanced" button
* In the "Archive settings" section update the "Keep content for" setting

Similarly, but different, Awasu also has a "Show the last" setting which determines what is displayed in a Channel Summary Template, even though the archive settings may retain the feed items for a longer period of time.

There's a lot of configuration options in Awasu! :D

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”