prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Dec 28, 2006 3:57 am

Hi,
I currently have 35 channels in Awasu and for some reason the updating is taking so long, that it is constantly updating. It takes nearly an hour to update all the channels. Is there something I can do to speed it up? I have a high speed broadband connection and 1GB of RAM.
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:08 am

sue wrote:Hi,
I currently have 35 channels in Awasu and for some reason the updating is taking so long, that it is constantly updating. It takes nearly an hour to update all the channels.

It shouldn't be taking that long. How big is your ARCHIVE.DB file? What do you see happening in the Activity Log?

prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:13 pm

My archive.db file is 53 MB, there aer also several other files that contain the word archive in them, including archive2.db which is 8kb and some with a series of letters and numbers after them. Most of the entries in the activity log look like this:
28dec06 06:36:03 Getting the latest feed for Mark Mallett.
28dec06 06:36:36 Updated Mark Mallett OK.

Two of them report:
28dec06 06:44:16 101 Cookbooks error: Can't update the channel.
- The request has timed out.

Thanks for your help!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:35 pm

sue wrote:The request has timed out.

This is almost not something to do with Awasu. It means that Awasu has asked the site for the latest feed and it's taking too long to respond. This is usually because the web site is under heavy load or there are some networking problems somewhere along the line.

I don't know if it's affecting you directly but the recent earthquake in Taiwan cut several key cables and is causing networking havoc in that part of the world which is having a ripple-on effect across the rest of the globe.

prazim

Postby prazim » Thu Dec 28, 2006 8:14 pm

Thanks. I'm not overly concerned about the failure to update, I'm more concerned with the time it is taking to update my few little channels. Any ideas other than the tsunami?
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:22 am

sue wrote:I'm more concerned with the time it is taking to update my few little channels.

If sites are being slow to respond, Awasu has to wait for them to time out before moving on to the next one. Check the timestamps in the Activity Log to see if you can see a pattern.

But something else occurred to me. When you say it takes an hour to update all your channels, how exactly are the channels being updated? Are you talking about them updating automatically by themselves after you start Awasu or after you do an <i>Update All</i>? If it's the former, the hour to update could be simply due to how the channels' next scheduled automatic update time are spread out. Do an <i>Update All</i> and then see how long it takes to update everything.

prazim

Postby prazim » Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:09 am

I just updated all channels and it took 7 minutes, which seems fine, so perhaps your theory is right...
Thanks!
Sue

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”