prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Jan 06, 2007 4:59 am

Hi,
I'm using the URL Monitor plugin to monitor this page:
http://www.sanfrancescoassisi.org/index ... mexdie.php

When I open it in Awasu, I'm getting a no such file or directory error.

Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:09 pm

sue wrote:When I open it in Awasu, I'm getting a no such file or directory error.

Works OK for me :-)

When exactly are you getting this error? Is it happening when you try to open the channel in Awasu? Have you got the latest version of UrlMonitor (I've got 1.4.1)?

prazim

Postby prazim » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:35 pm

I've got the last version posted on your site which is from December 2005. Is there a more current version?
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:35 pm

sue wrote:I've got the last version posted on your site which is from December 2005. Is there a more current version?

That's the one I used as well and is the latest version/

prazim

Postby prazim » Tue Jan 09, 2007 4:59 pm

And that link is loading for you without a problem? what then is causing it to not load for me? The background loads but gives an error rather than the page text.
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:46 pm

sue wrote:And that link is loading for you without a problem?

Oops, my bad. I was working so quickly, I saw the page load but I didn't bother looking at the actual text on the page :oops:

The problem appears to be caused by the plugin. It's returning a munged URL for each item that contains some extra information on the end, probably a timestamp or hash or something like that. When you click on it, it gets sent to the web site in question and while many of them ignore the extra stuff, this particular one is complaining.

I think a work-around would be to just click on the channel's name at the top of the page. IIRC, the plugin doesn't really return anything special in the link for each item - there's not much point since it's only monitoring the page for changes, not parsing it and extracting specific item links (use WebScrape if that's what you want) - so just clicking on the channel link rather than any given item link will take you where you want to go.

prazim

Postby prazim » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:54 pm

I'll try webscrape. This particular page posts a new message each day, which is what I am trying to view. I am challenged by trying to get it to work. Should we notify Allen concerning the url monitor problem?
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jan 11, 2007 1:36 am

sue wrote:Should we notify Allen concerning the url monitor problem?
Thanks

I think he still drops by here every now and then. You could also try emailing the address in the release notes.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”