KathrynBassett

Postby KathrynBassett » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:02 am

I have two channels that come from Blogspot blogs. They worked fine til a sometime in the last week. They have a red X beside the channel name. One of them I deleted and tried to re-subscribe but it won't find the feed. The other is http://csf-graphics.blogspot.com/rss.xml and the feed validator finds errors. What am I supposed to do about that? How do I get my feeds back again?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:27 am

KathrynBassett wrote:How do I get my feeds back again?

What version of Awasu are you running (check the About box)? The feed you posted the URL for is using the Atom 1.0 format so if you're using Awasu 2.2 or earlier, it won't handle it. The Feed Validator is pointing out a number of potential problems but nothing that should stop Awasu from handling the feed. If you open the channel's Properties dialog and go to the Errors page, you will see what exactly the problem is (after you've tried to update the channel).

Post the URL of the other feed/web site and we'll take a look at it.

KathrynBassett

Postby KathrynBassett » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:40 am

I'm using Advanced Version 2.2 - I see no way to tell what version is current, nor a way to update it if that is not the most current. I *think* I remember it updating automatically, and maybe recently, but I'm not sure about that.

The CSF Graphics blog error log says:
18jan07 14:07:30 CSFGraphics error: Can't update the feed.
- Not an RSS feed.
18jan07 20:41:19 CSFGraphics error: Can't update the feed.
- Not an RSS feed.

As for the other blog that I deleted and can no longer add back in - http://aufhebung1.blogspot.com/

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:46 am

KathrynBassett wrote:I *think* I remember it updating automatically, and maybe recently, but I'm not sure about that.

Awasu never updates itself. Later versions have a feature where it will tell you if a newer version is available but even then, you still have to download and install it yourself.

KathrynBassett wrote:The CSF Graphics blog error log says:
18jan07 14:07:30 CSFGraphics error: Can't update the feed.
- Not an RSS feed.

Yes, that's right. You get this because the feed is in a format that Awasu 2.2 doesn't understand (Atom 1.0).

When you enter the feed URL into the Channel Wizard, Awasu says that it can't handle the feed but also tells you that it found some alternative links that might work. There is actually an RSS feed available but for some reason, 2.2 doesn't find it. The current version does, so I guess there was some bug that got fixed since then :oops: Use this feed and you'll be right.

KathrynBassett wrote:As for the other blog that I deleted and can no longer add back in - http://aufhebung1.blogspot.com/

This is also a Blogspot feed so everything I said above also applies. Use this feed.

KathrynBassett

Postby KathrynBassett » Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:14 am

OK, most questions answered but not the most critical. How do I find out what the current version is and where do I get it? In some programs I use there is a "check for updates" under Help or Tools but I find nothing like that in Awasu and no place on the website to update.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jan 20, 2007 4:47 am

KathrynBassett wrote:How do I find out what the current version is and where do I get it?

Yes, I've meaning to put this in for a while. I'll get it in before 2.3. Thanks for the reminder :-)

You can always get the latest general release at http://www.awasu.com/latest/. If you want to know about betas, release notes are at http://www.awasu.com/releases.php or you can check the Awasu News category in the weblog.

KathrynBassett

Postby KathrynBassett » Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:22 am

2.2.4 download page says "backup your existing Awasu installation directory" but doesn't say where that is. When I look at Program Files > RSSAwasu, there are a bunch of subfolders, but not an "installation directory. Or does this mean the entire folder/subfolder system?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:05 am

KathrynBassett wrote:When I look at Program Files > RSSAwasu, there are a bunch of subfolders, but not an "installation directory. Or does this mean the entire folder/subfolder system?

Yes, "installation directory" means the directory in which Awasu has been installed. By default it's C:\Program Files\Awasu but it looks like you've changed it. Just make a copy of the entire directory.

Note that you can't just upgrade from 2.2 to 2.2.4. You need to make sure you read the installation instructions carefully: from 2.2, you first have to upgrade to 2.2.3, then 2.2.4.

KathrynBassett

Postby KathrynBassett » Sun Jan 21, 2007 10:20 pm

Yeah, thanks. I'm now on 2.2.4 and both of the problem blogs are now reading. I'll hold off on 2.2.5alpha and wait for 2.3 since the indications are that it will be reasonably soon.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”