Rakesh

Postby Rakesh » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:47 am

Hi

I am currently running the trial Advanced Trial version of Awasu, and I noticed when using the browser if you Right button click on a RSS link, it gives options
1) add to Awasu Workpad
2) Open in Awasu
3) Subscribe in Awasu

However when I click on any of these option it seems to be doing absolutely nothing, doesn't add the feed, or open the link...
Is this because I am using the trial version or am I doing something wrong?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:56 am

Rakesh wrote:However when I click on any of these option it seems to be doing absolutely nothing, doesn't add the feed, or open the link...
Is this because I am using the trial version or am I doing something wrong?

When you click on one of these menu items, IE sends a request to a special URL that Awasu is listening for. The most likely cause of it not working is you either have some firewall software that is blocking the URL request or, less likely, another program is already listening for a similar URL and receiving it before Awasu does.

Try opening this URL in a separate IE window, once with Awasu not running and once with Awasu running and see what happens.

rakeshshah

Postby rakeshshah » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:51 pm

Could the fact that im using IE7 be an issue???
Im running multiple feeders - because i am testing out which one is actually better for my company...

I tried your suggestion but didn't seem to work...

I guess i should ask ... what should happen in terms of...

I open up a web page and their is a RSS link and it says "subscribe here" not that file is a direct link to the xml file... When Awasu is running I right button click on it and it says list the option... i chose subscribe in awasu ... what should happen next??

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:12 am

rakeshshah wrote:I tried your suggestion but didn't seem to work...

That's OK, I want to know exactly how it didn't work :-)

When Awasu is not running, IE should show a "The webpage cannot be displayed" message, when it is running, the Channel Wizard should start. The fact that you're running IE7 doesn't make any difference - it definitely works with IE7 :-)

I noticed your email address and it's common for big companies to put all kinds of security measures in place that could well explain what you're seeing. Give the URL I posted before to your system administrator and ask if there's anything on your PC that might be stopping it from working.

rakeshshah wrote:When Awasu is running I right button click on it and it says list the option... i chose subscribe in awasu ... what should happen next??

The Channel Wizard should start, with the feed URL already filled in.

rakeshshah

Postby rakeshshah » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:56 am

hmm okay thanks...

I haven't got it to work... but there are a few other products out that work for the same website so i might just use them.

Thanks for all your help
Rakesh

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”