Brian121

Postby Brian121 » Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:02 am

Hey friends, one of my friends told me that Awasu watch a channel that shows the current prices of shares in your stock portfolio. Every time the channel is updated, a hook is also called to check for sudden price movements. If something is detected, you guys send an urgent message to our mobile phone to notify you and ask if we want to buy or sell any stock. Is it true??? I think this is a most coolest feature…..:d

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jan 29, 2007 7:39 am

Brian121 wrote:Hey friends, one of my friends told me that Awasu watch a channel that shows the current prices of shares in your stock portfolio. Every time the channel is updated, a hook is also called to check for sudden price movements. If something is detected, you guys send an urgent message to our mobile phone to notify you and ask if we want to buy or sell any stock. Is it true??? I think this is a most coolest feature…..:d

This can be achieved by combining a number of Awasu's features.

If you can find RSS feeds for the equities (or other instruments you are interested in), it's easy to monitor to them: just subscribe to these feeds. Otherwise you will need to write a plugin that gets the current prices from somewhere (e.g. your broker's or exchange's web site) and generates a feed for them.

Once you have a channel in Awasu monitoring the prices, you can write a channel hook that gets invoked every time something new is seen on the channel. If it detects something that you are interested in, it can send an email or SMS or take some other action.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”