mediamiser

Postby mediamiser » Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:37 pm

The following was taken from the source of an Awasu blog summary. I require both the Timestamp and the Author data when outputting a channel report. I thought by putting {%ITEM-METADATA% Author} and {%ITEM-METADATA% Timestamp} in my template it should work. I also tried {%CHANNEL-METADATA% Author} and {%CHANNEL-METADATA% Timestamp}.

Source from Awasu Summary:

<div>
<span>
<Item>
<span> Published: Fri Jan 12 03:44 </span> <br>

<Item>
<span> Author: </span>

<span>

Joe Blow

</span>
<br>

</span>
</div>

I'm trying to get 'Joe Blow' and Fri Jan 12 03:44.

Any ideas?

TIA

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 03, 2007 4:27 am

mediamiser wrote:I require both the Timestamp and the Author data when outputting a channel report.

Ah, bugger. I prepared a long and comprehensive reply for you and was about to post it when I noticed you're talking about reports, not the channel summary pages :roll:

To get an item's author and timestamp, you need to use <tt>{%ITEM-METADATA% author}</tt> and <tt>{%ITEM-METADATA% timestamp}</tt>. If you're seeing the tags themselves rather than the values, you're probably running the report from a workpad rather than via a channel filter.

Unfortunately, due a limitation in the way workpads are implemented, channel and item metadata is available in only a restricted form (you can only get the channel name and item name/url/description). Fixing this is definitely on The List but since it requires a change in the architecture, it's been deferred until after 2.3.

If you let us know which bits of metadata you need, I'll try and get a temporary workaround into 2.2.5 for you.

mediamiser

Postby mediamiser » Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:26 am

Definitely capturing the timestamp and author from blogs is extremely important.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 am

mediamiser wrote:Definitely capturing the timestamp and author from blogs is extremely important.

I'll see what I can do... :whip:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”