Magic Speller

Postby Magic Speller » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:40 pm

Hi.

I want to export my channels into an OPML file. Sorry, but I'm lost trying to figure out how to to this. I think I have a report set up to do it, but can't see how to generate the report manually. Also, the only choice for an output file extension is HTML. I can, of course, just enter a name with a .opml extension (with "All files" selected), but I'm concerned I'm not doing something right.

Also, it seems that if I want to create an opml export file for each of my categories, I have to create a specific report for that purpose for every one of them. Right?

I downloaded John's program, as well. Sorry, John, but it was beyond me. I have no idea where "classpath" is....
Keith

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Nov 03, 2003 1:50 am

Magic Speller wrote:I want to export my channels into an OPML file. Sorry, but I'm lost trying to figure out how to to this. I think I have a report set up to do it, but can't see how to generate the report manually.

From the main report dialog, choose the report you want and click OK.

Magic Speller wrote:Also, the only choice for an output file extension is HTML. I can, of course, just enter a name with a .opml extension (with "All files" selected), but I'm concerned I'm not doing something right.

This is slightly problematic :-( Yes, you can enter a .OPML extension but if you have Awasu configured to show the report, the embedded IE browser won't know how to display it. I had a play with trying to get this to work but eventually gave up. Either give the report file a .XML extension or choose not to show the report and it will just get written to the specified file.

Magic Speller wrote:Also, it seems that if I want to create an opml export file for each of my categories, I have to create a specific report for that purpose for every one of them. Right?

Yes.

Magic Speller wrote:I downloaded John's program, as well. Sorry, John, but it was beyond me. I have no idea where "classpath" is....

CLASSPATH is the Java equivalent of your system PATH.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Nov 03, 2003 5:35 am

BTW, a better Export To Opml is on The Never-Ending List Of Things To Do :-) But given that there's already a way to do it (albeit a bit fiddly), it's at a lower priority than some other stuff.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 25, 2005 2:13 pm

support wrote:BTW, a better Export To Opml is on The Never-Ending List Of Things To Do :-) But given that there's already a way to do it (albeit a bit fiddly), it's at a lower priority than some other stuff.

You've just given me a reason not to register. :cry:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”