prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:14 pm

Hi,
I am trying to use the channel filter what feeds show up for a particular channel, but it doesn'tt seem to be working so I think maybe it wasn't intended to be used that way.

What I want is to be presented with feeds that match a specific criteria, which is either a specific term in its title or body. How do I do that?
Thanks!
Sue

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:11 pm

sue wrote:I am trying to use the channel filter what feeds show up for a particular channel, but it doesn'tt seem to be working so I think maybe it wasn't intended to be used that way.

What I want is to be presented with feeds that match a specific criteria, which is either a specific term in its title or body. How do I do that?

A feed is the same as a channel so saying "what feeds show up for a particular channel" doesn't quite make sense :-)

Channel filters let you select channels based on particular criteria about the *channel* e.g. if it has new feed items or contains a particular word in its description.

What I'm guessing you're trying to do is filter channels based on their feed *items* i.e. show a channel if it contains items that contain a certain word, or something like that? If so, you can't quite do that yet although it will be one of the first new features coming next. The next best thing is to set up search agents that can highlight matching items with a special icon or a different colour.

prazim

Postby prazim » Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:34 pm

Dear Taka,
Thanks for that. Yes you guessed correctly what I am trying to do. I look forward to that new release!
warm regards,
Sue

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”