steverw

Postby steverw » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:38 pm

I downloaded the Pro edition, installed it over the consumer version I had installed earlier, but when I tried to submit my email address with the request for the trial key, I got the following messages.

(Box label): Request trial key.
Connecting to www.awasu.com...
Requesting your trial key…
Requesting your trial key…

(progress bar filled to 100%)

Then box:
Awasu: Download failed: 403 Forbidden.

Of course, I did not receive anything in my email. Can you help me?

Thank you very much.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:42 am

[quote="steverw"]This is really weird. I've just tried doing the same thing and it's fine.

What version of Awasu Personal Edition did you use to have and what version of the Pro trial did you install? And what URL did you download it from?

steverw

Postby steverw » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:16 am

Thanks for your reply. I downloaded Awasu-ProEdition-v2.2d.trial from www.awasu.com/trial/ on 3/4/07. Earlier on 3/4/07 I had downloaded and installed the Awasu-PersonalEdition-v2.2d from www.awasu.com/downloads/2.2/

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:24 pm

steverw wrote:I downloaded Awasu-ProEdition-v2.2d.trial from www.awasu.com/trial/ on 3/4/07. Earlier on 3/4/07 I had downloaded and installed the Awasu-PersonalEdition-v2.2d from www.awasu.com/downloads/2.2/

Still baffled :-( I downloaded everything and tried again and it's all fine.

What is the size of your AWASU.EXE file? You should find a file called <tt>BUILD.INFO</tt> in your Awasu installation directory (e.g. <tt>C:\Program Files\Awasu</tt>). Email me a copy of it, or just post it here.

Something to try: open a Windows Explorer window and rename your user's Awasu home directory (e.g. <tt>C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\YOUR-NAME</tt>) to something else (e.g. <tt>YOUR-NAME.bak</tt>). Then try running Awasu again.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”