kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:02 am

My thumb drive crashed 2 weeks ago and I was lucky enough to quickly RMA it (thanks Patriot Memory). ::-):

I had a portable Awasu installation on that thumb drive and today I started the process of trying to set it up again, but I accidentally moved instead of copied my entire local data directory from my desktop PC to the thumb drive. :oops:

FYI I did correctly copy my roaming data directory as well as the Program Files\Awasu\ directory, so I did something right today.

Then later when I ran my desktop installation of Awasu, it prompted me for my license code, which I quickly found (thanks Copernic Desktop Search Pro) ::-): and entered it. Looking around I quickly found the move-instead-of-a-copy blunder and proceeded to flog myself. :wall:

Copying the local data files back didn't seem to fix the problem. :(

All of my files are safely backed up so I've got something to work with, if there is a way to configure Awasu.

Is there a way to get all of my old folders/Channels/Workpads back?
Do I need to copy my Config.ini back to my local data directory and create a Debug.ini file that points to the database?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!!! :lost:

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Ok I got it working.

I restored both my local data and my roaming data directories and I'm back in business.
The lifesaver in this case is that I had a recent backup to restore from.

If anybody is interested, you can define "Jobs" in WinZip. This XML-format job is from WinZip 15.x while earlier versions used an INI-format.
This job performs a "Full" backup of all of my Awasu program, extensions and data, I've got similar jobs for "Incremental" and "Differential" backup.

Code: Select all

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<winzipjob version="3">
<wizard usevars="no"/>
<items>
<item exclude="no" recurse="yes">C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\My Documents\Awasu\</item>
<item exclude="no" recurse="yes">C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Application Data\Awasu\</item>
<item exclude="no" recurse="yes">C:\Documents and Settings\UserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Awasu\</item>
<item exclude="no" recurse="yes">C:\Program Files\Awasu\</item>
</items>
<output>
<name append="datetime">AwasuBackupFull.zip</name>
<folder append="none">&lt;^24&gt;\My WinZip Files\</folder>
<log type="full" overwrite="no"/>
</output>
<options>
<flags>0001</flags>
<compression type="max"/>
<span mode="auto"/>
<split unit="byte">0</split>
<encryption mode="none" method="none"/>
<folders mode="relative"/>
<cd speed="default" finalize="yes"/>
</options>
<email>
<mailitem options="0">
<sendto/>
<subject type="ok"/>
<subject type="error"/>
</mailitem>
</email>
</winzipjob>

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:50 am

kevotheclone wrote:I restored both my local data and my roaming data directories and I'm back in business.

Yep, this is all you need to do.

Exactly the kind of support request I like, one that takes care of itself. Especially when I've been out of town for a few days... :)

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”