charliehall

Postby charliehall » Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:56 pm

I would like to be able to flag items in a channel feed that has been written by a specific author - since the author does not show up in the channel summaries, I can not figure out how to search for it - suggestions?

Thanks in advance
--Charlie

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:26 am

charliehall wrote:I would like to be able to flag items in a channel feed that has been written by a specific author - since the author does not show up in the channel summaries, I can not figure out how to search for it

You currently cannot search on specific metadata, although we will be adding this feature shortly (together with the ability to filter items out by user-defined criteria).

However, in 2.2.3 we added the ability to show feed metadata (including item authors) in the item pane. If you add a column to show the author of each item and then click on the column header to sort, all the items will be grouped together by author and it will be easy to find the ones you want.

BTW, Awasu <u>does</u> show item authors in the channel summary pages (if this information is provided by the feed publisher, of course), so if you're not seeing it, it's probably been disabled. Open the Program Options dialog, go to the Display tab, click on Channel Windows and make sure <i>Brief feed items</i> is not ticked.

charliehall

Postby charliehall » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:39 pm

Hi,

I checked and I do not have Brief Feed Items checked, and yet the authors are not showing up - so I guess they are not being supplied by the feed source (webware.com) - given their mandate, I would have thought they would be on the leading edge of RSS - oh well - I guess I will have to wait for a future release

Thanks

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:13 am

charliehall wrote:I guess they are not being supplied by the feed source (webware.com)

Just took a look at the webware feed and you're right, they're not specifying any authors.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”