vidconf

Postby vidconf » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:34 pm

Hi all:

I'm using the Trial Professional version.

Questions:

I'm using the Webscrape pulgin to generate serveral RSS feeds from html pages. It works great! :D

I've got 5 RSS feeds genrated and now I want to combine them.

Can the Combinefeed use internal generated RSS feeds from a local file?

Once I have the Combinefeed working I need to generate a report with the 5 RSS combine feeds. The report must show a list of items sorted by newest first from the 5 RSS feeds.
Can this be acheive by the template system?

Appreciate your help.

VidConf

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:19 am

vidconf wrote:Can the Combinefeed use internal generated RSS feeds from a local file?

You might be able to, just give it a go :-) You may need to use a <tt>file://</tt> protocol when specifying the path to the feed file.

If it doesn't work, you can still get the same effect using reports. Set up a channel filter that selects the channels you want to include. Then run a report using the <tt>MetaChannel.template</tt>. This will take the channels selected by your filter and generate an XML feed file from them.

vidconf wrote:The report must show a list of items sorted by newest first from the 5 RSS feeds.

Reports currently group items by channel. I've been trying to think of a way to get them to order items by time but haven't come up with anything yet :-( I'll have another ponder over it...

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”