Courtney

Postby Courtney » Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:46 pm

I'm quitting my job, and I have Awasu installed on my work computer, which runs on Win2000 with IE 5.5. I want to take my Awasu home with me, and my home computer runs on WinXP with IE6.0. How do I do this :?:

I need itty-bitty baby steps, puh-lease! If I was a power user, I'd use Linux, right? :)

Thank you in advance!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:19 pm

Courtney wrote:I want to take my Awasu home with me, and my home computer runs on WinXP with IE6.0. How do I do this :?:

I need itty-bitty baby steps, puh-lease! If I was a power user, I'd use Linux, right? :)

OK, there are few different ways you can do this.

1) If you are running the latest betas (1.1.3 or 1.1.2), wait for a day or two :-) We are about to release the next beta that lets you keep multiple copies of Awasu on different machines in sync. So in your case, you would upgrade to 1.1.4 on your work machine, save everything to a data file and take it home with you. At home, you would also upgrade to 1.1.4 and open this data file. Awasu would then use the information in this file to bring your home machine up-to-date with your work machine.

2) If you are not confident about upgrading to the betas, you can transfer your Awasu data manually. This is not as complicated as it sounds :-)

- At work, save your user's home directory e.g. C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\YOUR-NAME.
- Go home.
- At home, make sure that Awasu is installed to the same directory as you have it at work e.g. C:\Program Files\Awasu. If this is not possible, send me an email because it gets a bit fiddly then.
- Copy the stuff you saved at work to the <u>corresponding</u> directory at home. It may not be exactly the same directory name since you probably use different names to logon. Say, for example, you logon at work with "user0001" and at home with "courtney", what you are doing above is copying the directory C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\user0001 (at work) to the directory C:\Program Files\Awasu\Users\courtney (at home).
- Start Awasu.

The best way to save your user's home directory at work is to use WinZip. Post something here again if you don't know what this is or are having trouble using it.

Courtney

Postby Courtney » Tue Nov 18, 2003 1:16 pm

Thank you so very very much!

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”