JulianUK

Postby JulianUK » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:35 am

I'm experimenting with some different workflows, and want to be able to pull out some tagged entries for later (external) processing.

I'm guessing the best way to do this is to tag items into a workpad, then run a workpad report to group them into an external file.

However, so far as I can tell, "reading" a workpad by running a report on it leaves all the items in the workpad, even if "Auto-remove" is selected. This means that I can only get rid of the items I have extracted by manually deleting them.

Any clues on how to do this with the configuration please, or is this a new feature request?

thanks

Julian

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:51 am

JulianUK wrote:However, so far as I can tell, "reading" a workpad by running a report on it leaves all the items in the workpad, even if "Auto-remove" is selected. This means that I can only get rid of the items I have extracted by manually deleting them.

That's correct. "Auto-remove" refers to removing them when you *click* on them.

I'm a bit reluctant to put a feature in to automatically remove all items from a workpad after generating a report because I don't think many people would actually want it.

JulianUK

Postby JulianUK » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:23 am

support wrote:
JulianUK wrote:However, so far as I can tell, "reading" a workpad by running a report on it leaves all the items in the workpad, even if "Auto-remove" is selected. This means that I can only get rid of the items I have extracted by manually deleting them.

That's correct. "Auto-remove" refers to removing them when you *click* on them.

I'm a bit reluctant to put a feature in to automatically remove all items from a workpad after generating a report because I don't think many people would actually want it.

OK :( Must stop trying to stretch the app! :-)

How about a button to clear a workpad manually? (or is that in there already somewhere?)

rgds

J

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:58 am

JulianUK wrote:Must stop trying to stretch the app!

I think you'll thank me the first time you generate a report and realized that you wanted something else in it :-)

JulianUK wrote:How about a button to clear a workpad manually? (or is that in there already somewhere?)

Right-click and <i>Remove all</i>.

JulianUK

Postby JulianUK » Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:00 am

support wrote:
JulianUK wrote:Must stop trying to stretch the app!

I think you'll thank me the first time you generate a report and realized that you wanted something else in it :-)

As long as it was an option and down to my finger trouble and not a bug then that's my problem!!! :-)

support wrote:
JulianUK wrote:How about a button to clear a workpad manually? (or is that in there already somewhere?)

Right-click and <i>Remove all</i>.

Thanks!

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”