martymarty

Postby martymarty » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 pm

Some of my feeds are now showing ads. I checked some of them in another feed reader and they are there as well. The ads are in the feed XML itself so that is expected, but what I don't understand is why they never appeared in Awasu before. Is there some kind of adblocker and if so, why isn't it working now?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:10 am

martymarty wrote:what I don't understand is why they never appeared in Awasu before. Is there some kind of adblocker and if so, why isn't it working now?

Yes, Awasu has the ability to modify feed content, for example, to remove ads. For users of the Pro Edition, we provide rules to automatically remove the most commonly-seen ads in feeds. However, sometimes the structure of the ads changes, requiring a new set of rules. I've uploaded new definitions, and your Awasu will download them and start removing the ads again.

It might take a few days for Awasu to notice the new definitions, so if you want to get them now, open the About box and go to the System page. Click on Local data, go into the Resources sub-directory, then delete the itemContentFiles.dat file. Awasu will now download the latest ad-blocker definitions next time it starts.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”