kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Wed Sep 02, 2015 1:41 am

Have you tested Awasu with Windows 10 yet?

I reserved my free Windows 10 upgrades on my two Windows 7 PCs, and I keep getting the upgrade reminder on them every week.

I guessing Awasu will probably run fine on Windows 10, but I thought I'd ask first, because... if there is a problem with Awasu and Windows 10, then I'll delay my upgrade; Awasu is that important to me!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:23 am

kevotheclone wrote:Have you tested Awasu with Windows 10 yet?

I have to admit, I haven't done a full comprehensive test yet (I'm in the middle of a massive change and want to finish that first before doing a full test), but basic functionality is fine.

I guess you haven't got VMware yet :-)

kevotheclone wrote:I reserved my free Windows 10 upgrades on my two Windows 7 PCs, and I keep getting the upgrade reminder on them every week.

I was appalled when that started happening :twisted: How to turn it off.

You're a brave man for upgrading to 10. I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole, certainly not this early :bah:

kevotheclone

Postby kevotheclone » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:49 am

support wrote:I guess you haven't got VMware yet

No, I'm not a professional software developer who needs to support a product, I'm just an run-of-the-mill guy with simple computing needs.

There's a lot of VMware products, which one do you use? Fusion, Fusion Pro, Workstation?

support wrote:You're a brave man for upgrading to 10. I wouldn't touch it with a barge-pole, certainly not this early

I've never upgraded early, I'm always about 2 years behind; but I thought I'd upgrade to Windows 10 within this first-year-free period. I'll probably upgrade the laptop first and see if I have any problems before upgrading the desktop.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:18 am

kevotheclone wrote:No, I'm not a professional software developer who needs to support a product, I'm just an run-of-the-mill guy with simple computing needs.

It's useful for things other than testing in different environments. For example, if I get a new computer, I copy my VM files over and I'm set to go, no need to worry about installing a bazillion different things. Or if I want to go on the road for a few weeks, I can copy the files over to a small 2.5" external HDD, work while I'm away, then copy them back to my main PC when I return. I can take a snapshot before installing a new piece of software, and rollback if something goes wrong - much easier than messing around with System Restore. I have a snapshot of clean install of Ubuntu that I use for online banking (and other sites that I don't want to track me e.g. Facebook and LinkedIn :|). It's probably the single most important piece of software I use.

kevotheclone wrote:There's a lot of VMware products, which one do you use? Fusion, Fusion Pro, Workstation?

Workstation.

VirtualBox is similar, and free.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”