support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:18 pm

awasu.user wrote:. When Awasu is updating is a posible view total progress fx.

Look in the bottom-right corner of the main window.

awasu.user wrote:How can I set folder with alphabetic order in this place?

Right-click anywhere in My Channels, go into the Folders sub-menu, tick "Sort folders"

awasu.user wrote:In FeedDeamon I can change setting for all items in folder by change settings of folder.

You can use ChannelMaintenance.exe, or write a quick script using the API. A proper way of editing multiple channels at once has been on the to-do list for a long time, but it's very complicated.

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:06 pm

Look in the bottom-right corner of the main window.

Yes, I saw. Is it detail that bottom-right corner can be configured by user to saw percentage with number feeds to update fx. 135 feeds (37%)?

Right-click anywhere in My Channels, go into the Folders sub-menu, tick "Sort folders"

I did it, but when I change setting of item folders are not sorted by alpabet.

You can use ChannelMaintenance.exe, or write a quick script using the API. A proper way of editing multiple channels at once has been on the to-do list for a long time, but it's very complicated.

I try it when I'm back.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 am

awasu.user wrote:Is it detail that bottom-right corner can be configured by user to saw percentage with number feeds to update fx. 135 feeds (37%)?

Sorry, this one can't be configured.

awasu.user wrote:

I did it, but when I change setting of item folders are not sorted by alpabet.

Ah, this option sorts folders, if you want to sort the channels inside the folders, this is controlled by the currently active channel filter.

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Steps:
Right click on folder in My Channels, then select item feed (fx. "BBC News") and select in menu "Propereties". Then go to "Advanced" tab and choose option "Channel folders".

This is a place where I want folders sorted by alphabet.

I do steps:
New Channels > Generated from search results -> I set query here.

I got item in My Channels. When it will be update? When I browse feeds in folder I find out that Search result channel missed keywords. It's look like a delay before update search result. Could you explain me this issue? I think that working in that way: when Awasu updates channels then automaticly match query and and add new stuff (match = 1) to result (Feed with Search Result), but it's look like a different way.

I want work in that way:
1. Updates all feeds
2. Browse report for matching new items to query (fx. selecting articles with keywords about Africa)
3. Browse rest

It's the way how I worked with FeedDeamon (in FeedDeamon it was watched function).

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:51 pm

awasu.user wrote:This is a place where I want folders sorted by alphabet.

Awasu won't do this automatically for you, but you can arrange them yourself.

awasu.user wrote:It's look like a delay before update search result.

Search channels are a channel, like any other, but their items come from search results instead of an RSS feed. In particular, they are also on an update schedule (e.g. every 5 minutes), so if a new item comes in on another channel, it won't appear in a search channel until that search channel has its next update.

If you want live results, search agents are updated as soon as the new item arrives.

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:56 pm

In Feed Deamon I have function Hit the Panic Button. It marked as read articles older than choosen time fx. yesterday, older than week. Is a posibility do that in Awasu?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:45 am

Awasu has an option to "mark all items as read". If you want to add a time constraint, you might be able to do it using the API ($/feedItems/update).

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:51 am

Question

When I add more complicated search query like 1028 keywords query input is too small for me. I want click something to show more place to putting queries. My dream is a simply coloring search engine keyword like AND, OR, (), * etc. in one color in that place fx.

United States AND Canada OR (Europe AND Asia) -folder:"News" AND (movie AND (sport OR science))

When someone what simple query input is great, but if someone think about more complicated that it will be more usefull show colored operators for Search Engine in Awasu. Sometimes missing "(" can crash app.

Can I expect something like that in the future?

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Feb 05, 2017 11:54 am

awasu.user wrote:When I add more complicated search query like 1028 keywords query input is too small for me.

You're running 3.0.4.alpha3? This version should allow queries of unlimited length.

awasu.user wrote:My dream is a simply coloring search engine keyword like AND, OR, (), * etc. in one color in that place fx.

The search results are generated from a template ($/Resources/API/search-query.html), so you could always add some Javascript to that to do the colorization... :-)

awasu.user wrote:Sometimes missing "(" can crash app.

Eek. Could you please send through the queries that are causing crashes.

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 pm

You're running 3.0.4.alpha3? This version should allow queries of unlimited length.

I ask about GUI - by input I understand part of GUI with one line text where I type query ("Search for"). Lenght of query works fine for me.

The search results are generated from a template ($/Resources/API/search-query.html), so you could always add some Javascript to that to do the colorization... :-)

I ask about colorization input as part of Awasu GUI not in report HTML file.

Eek. Could you please send through the queries that are causing crashes.

When Awasu will be crashe on query I will send on you.

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:37 am

awasu.user wrote:How set name of item and url I understand with example, but I stuck:
a) variable for name of feed where is item fx. "BBC World"

kevotheclone has kindly written an extension that will let you include a channel's name in its item pane. You can download it from here; full instructions are on that page as well.

awasu.user

Postby awasu.user » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:00 am

Thank you! I'll try them!

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”