Osm3um

Postby Osm3um » Wed May 02, 2007 6:29 am

I am looking at switching to Awasu as my main RSS reader, but I do have a couple of questions:

1. I use Firefox exclusively. Having said that, I don't care what Awasu uses internally but I would like an easy way to open an item from a feed in an external firefox instance. i.e. If I shift click it opens in IE, I would prefer it if it opened in firefox.

2. I would like to reassign ctrl-w to lose a tab in Awasu. Currently it is set to do something else. When I remove it form it's default item and try to reassign it it will not let me. Any ideas? It states something like "currently assigned to ????".

3. In one of the RSS readers I have used it creates a "newspaper" when I click on a folder containing multiple feeds. Is there anything like this?

Thanks,

Thanks,
Bob

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed May 02, 2007 8:44 am

Osm3um wrote:I would like an easy way to open an item from a feed in an external firefox instance.

Right-click on a link and choose <i>Open in default browser</i>.

Osm3um wrote:I would like to reassign ctrl-w to lose a tab in Awasu.

This is a known issue. Unfortunately, you'll have to use something else.

Osm3um wrote:In one of the RSS readers I have used it creates a "newspaper" when I click on a folder containing multiple feeds. Is there anything like this?

Check out Awasu's channel reports.

Osm3um

Postby Osm3um » Wed May 02, 2007 3:50 pm

support wrote:
Osm3um wrote:I would like an easy way to open an item from a feed in an external firefox instance.

Right-click on a link and choose <i>Open in default browser</i>.

Osm3um wrote:I would like to reassign ctrl-w to lose a tab in Awasu.

This is a known issue. Unfortunately, you'll have to use something else.

Osm3um wrote:In one of the RSS readers I have used it creates a "newspaper" when I click on a folder containing multiple feeds. Is there anything like this?

Check out Awasu's channel reports.

Tahnsk for your quick reply. It is not often I am overwhelmed by the options avaiable in a program (I am a network Admin during the day (and night and weekends etc.). There sure are a ton of options in Awasu! To me that is a good thing.

Bob

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Wed May 02, 2007 4:15 pm

Osm3um wrote:There sure are a ton of options in Awasu! To me that is a good thing.

Ya shoulda seen what it used to be like. We slashed a lot of them out because there was just too much (and still is :-()

But those options are still available by editing the config files so if there's something you want to do and can't find anything in the UI for it, post a question in the forums and there may well be a hidden option you can set :cool:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”