robert

Postby robert » Fri May 11, 2007 9:44 pm

Hi - I'm using the Advanced edition of Awasu and have recently upgraded to version 2.3. I've subscribed to a feed for a video podcast and set it to automatically download enclosures. I've recently changed the location of the folder that I want to download to but this change doesn't seem to be reflected in Awasu. I keep getting error messages as it tries to find the old location which is now non-existent. I keep double checking the properties for the feed and it's definitely for the new location - why does it insist on trying the old one? Help much appreciated!

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sat May 12, 2007 6:29 am

robert wrote:I've recently changed the location of the folder that I want to download to but this change doesn't seem to be reflected in Awasu.

When new enclosures are found, they're added to a queue. All the details about each queued enclosure is stored in the database, including where the file should be saved. In other words, any enclosures that were seen before you made the change will still be trying to save the file in the old directory. New enclosures will be recorded against the new directory.

You can work around this by recreating the old directory until all the old enclosures have been processed. This will be fixed shortly (just checking The List, I see we've already got a note to fix something similar: the same thing happens re the amount of time before the enclosure gets auto-deleted).

robert

Postby robert » Sat May 12, 2007 12:43 pm

Thanks for the explanation and work-around.

Sorry to add to "The List"! :lol:

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun May 13, 2007 5:11 am

robert wrote:Sorry to add to "The List"! :lol:

No worries. If nobody reports these things, we won't know they need to be fixed :roll:

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”