RunnerDuck

Postby RunnerDuck » Sun Jan 25, 2004 6:20 pm

I'm not sure why but when I get notification of an updated feed I get a little round ball next to it in the channel column. When I update my own feed the little ball never appears.

Any ideas what's up with that? Here is my RSS page.

www.runnerduck.com/runnerduck.xml

Thanks,

KennyB

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Sun Jan 25, 2004 9:58 pm

RunnerDuck wrote:I'm not sure why but when I get notification of an updated feed I get a little round ball next to it in the channel column. When I update my own feed the little ball never appears.

As they say, this behaviour is by design. The gold ball is supposed to be an indicator that new content has been received. If you do a manual update, the idea is that you probably already know.

The way all this works is going to rejigged soon.

runnerduck001

Postby runnerduck001 » Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:29 pm

I still don't get a ball beside my newest release. This is on a remote computer not my main computer at home. I get balls beside Awasu updates and all others just not mine.

Maybe I'm doing something wrong with my RSS feed. Here is my feed, http://www.runnerduck.com/runnerduck.xml.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Ken

support
Site Admin

Postby support » Tue Feb 10, 2004 11:36 pm

runnerduck001 wrote:I still don't get a ball beside my newest release.

Awasu uses the <LINK> and <GUID> tags to identify feed items, not the content. If you change the content but these tags are not present or remain unchanged, Awasu will think it's the same item and therefore not new content.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”