madd0

Postby madd0 » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:40 pm

Hi,

I've been downloading different aggregators today and I decided I'm keeping Awasu. Nice interface, advanced features, easy to use and, most importantly, of all the aggregators I tested, it's the one that uses less memory!

Nevertheless, there's one feature availble in several other aggregators that I can't find in Awasu, maybe someone can point me in the right direction...

Usually, when I click on an item's title on the "Item Pane" in other aggregators, I'm taken to that item's description, as it was downloaded from the feed, on the "Browser Pane" where I can find a "read more" button to go to the item's link. Awasu's default behaviour is to open the item's link in the "Browser Pane" directly, or I can view item description on the summary page, but the items are not marked as read in this case.

Although this may be a desirable feature for some, personally I prefer to view the item's description (marking it as read) before choosing to read the whole article; this way I save time by avoiding uninteresting articles. Currently I have to view the whole channel's summary to view the item description and then click on each item title to mark it as read.

I hope there's a way of viewing articles my way and if there's not, well, consider this post as a "feature request"...

Best regards,

Madd0
http://www.madd0.com

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 15, 2004 2:47 pm

Check out this thread.

Return to “Awasu - General Discussion”